I’ll be going. This will be a “Bar Camp Stylie” event, where you’re not just an attendee, you’re also a volunteer to make it all happen. You might end up running a conversation on your favorite privacy topic, so you have been warned. =)
*Most* of the folks going are of the civil libertarian slant. With my background and where I work, I usually “bat for the other team on this issue”. The organizers have assured me that I’ll be welcome and can play the heretic role.
How to play:
- Sign up here.
- Check out the wiki, help out with preparation.
- Follow @PrivacyCampDC on twitter
- Be a sponsor.
Some themes that I’ve seen develop so far:
- How some concepts (System of Record) from the Privacy Act are outdated or at least showing their age
- How the open government “movement” and the push for raw data means we need to look at the privacy concerns
- FOIA and privacy data
- Ending the political robocalls
See Y’all there!
Posted in Public Policy, Speaking | No Comments »
Tags: collusion • datacentric • government • infosec • infosharing • law • legislation • privacy • publicpolicy • security • seminar • speaking • training